Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Butter Walnut Cookies (Vegan)


Hello. My name is Amber and I am a cookie addict. Seriously.
Can you blame me? Look at those things! Paired with an ice cold glass of almond milk, fo-get-about-et! 
These cookies are so delicious and they contain no dairy, egg, refined sugar, or refined flour. For this recipe I have used Earth Balance butter substitute (which is not a whole food), but we are filing that in my 15%. 

This recipe makes 16 cookies.

What you'll need:
1/2 cup of earth balance
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
1 1/2 cup of stone ground white wheat flour
1 large chia seed egg (1 tbsp of chia seed + 3 tbsp water)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Whip the earth balance and sugar until it is light and fluffy. I use my stand mixer for this recipe, but I am sure a hand mixer would work.

To the whipped mix add the vanilla extract and chia seed egg. Mix until combined.

In a seperate bowl combine the whole white wheat flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.

While mixing, add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until all the dry has been absorbed. Then add the other half and repeat. At the very end toss in the chopped walnuts and mix just until combined.

To measure these out evenly I use my fancy spring scoop. It is about 2 tablespoons. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes. If you can! ;)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment