Monday, October 6, 2014

Green Drinks (Vegan) (Gluten Free)



I am sure by now most of you have at least heard the rave about drinking your vegetables. If you haven't please allow me to inform you... Its amazing. Not only do green drinks taste incredible, but they are so easy to make and pack a punch of nutrients we all so desperately need.

So, once you get the ball rolling with your own green creations, you will find how absolutely versatile they can be. When I started drinking green juices, I kept it super simple: one banana, a handful of prunes, 1/2-3/4 cup of pure orange juice, and two cups of fresh spinach. It was delish! Nowadays I have a huge variety of green drink ingredients, so I like to mix it up from day to day. However, never omitting the reason we are here in the first place, THE GREEN!

This isn't so much of a recipe post as just an idea share in hopes to inspire some of you to try these emerald wonders. You don't need any fancy equipment just a blender. You can literally throw just about anything in these. For example, if you want to make this drink your breakfast just use one banana, two cups of spinach (or baby kale), 1/2 cup of berries, two tablespoons flax meal, two tablespoons of nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew), 3/4 to 1 cup of soy milk. There is tons of protein and omega fatty acids, as well as numerous vitamins and minerals. 

Well that's the basics! Please try some of your own mixes and share them with me! I am always looking for tasty new green drinks to try.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment