Monday, October 13, 2014

Broccoli Potato Soup (Vegan)




It's that time of year, my friends. Soup season! I love soup season. First, because it's delicious, and second because it is a one pot meal. WIN WIN! This soup so easy to make, and packs a punch of flavor that will please any pallet, without the use of dairy.

So, lately I have been super uninspired when it comes to cooking. Do you ever get that way? Like you feel as though you cook the same thing every other day and you're sick of it?! I am still in that sort of a rut, so if you can offer any recipe ideas or "make this a vegan/healthy/whole food challenges" please comment below to help a girl out! :) Anywhoozle..

This recipe serves 4-6.

What you'll need:

6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 cups of water
1 cup broccoli, diced
1 large onion, diced
3 stalks celery, sliced
3 tbsp of Earth Balance buttery spread
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp paprika
Sea salt and pepper


In a large pot melt the Earth Balance over medium high heat. Then stir in the onion, celery, garlic, sea salt, and pepper.



When the vegetables start to get some color like so...


stir in the cubed potato.


Cook the potato for just a couple minutes. Then add the broccoli and paprika. I used frozen broccoli because that is what I had on hand, but you could certainly use fresh. Cover the vegetables with water.


Cook over medium high heat for about 20-25 minutes. I then used my immersion blender to puree the soup. I like this because it creates a silkiness while still leaving a few chunks. Top with some sliced green onion if you'd like!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment